Tuesday, September 19, 2017

More Amazing Stuff

Music
So I just found today that some artists make public playlists on Spotify. Relient K's podcast, "RK SUMMER" is. the shit. The best part, besides the killer music, is when a song I love comes on and I find some common ground with a band I love. It's like we're jamming together. 

TV
Last week I admitted how behind I was on discovering the joy of American Ninja Warrior. Finale was INTENSE! This week I'm taking you even further back to recommend The Wire. As Pete Holmes says, "There's no good way to tell someone you haven't seen The Wire." I told someone on Sunday I started it, expecting them to celebrate with or congratulate me. Instead I got an incredulous, "Just now?" Well he can take his judgment elsewhere because I say better late than never. I'm now on season two and am completely enthralled. I couldn't turn it off last night. If you aren't convinced to watch it yet, may I add these six words: Idris Elba and Michael B. Jordan. 

Books
I just bought Jacqueline Novak's How to Weep in Public: Feeble Offerings on Depression from One Who Knows because Mike Birbiglia recommended it on Twitter and because it's on sale for two bucks. I can't tell you if it's good or not yet, but if I waited until finding that out it wouldn't be on sale anymore. (Sale runs through Oct 1.) Girl seems funny on Twitter and the title seems interesting so I'm looking forward to reading just after I finish learning how not to give a fuck

Food
Less of a food recommendation and more of an interesting food fact I recently heard on WTF with Marc Maron with Kathy Bates. You involuntarily sigh when you're full. Because of how much I love foods that are engineered to never stop being eaten and how often I eat to address emotions other than hunger, I have a hard time portioning myself to just eat what my body needs for sustenance. I eat past full very often. In the days since I learned this neat little fact, I have stopped eating after my sigh and have been sufficiently full until the next meal time. These meat suits are smart, y'all! 

Misc.
Brace for a twofer! Got some recent winning recommendations for skin stuff from my dermatologist. Cerave moisture cream keeps my skin comfortably hydrated for large chunks of the day and even mysteriously helps me avoid applying lotion after every single time I wash my hands. I've also been using Differin for these dark spots that started appearing under my eyes in the last couple years. (Apparently caused by hormones, who knew.) Differin is most commonly used for acne treatment and just recently became available over the counter, and for not a bad price either. As an additional bonus, it's supposed to help with wrinkles too. Triple threat! My dark spots have already lightened significantly, and I notice pimples sticking around for 1-3 days rather than 3-5. Package says it's a 30 day supply, but I have had my tube for a month and a half and am not close to finishing it. 

What neat stuff are you getting into? 

No comments:

Post a Comment