Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturday Shout Out: See you later

You are a masterpiece.

The way you live and love is artful to the core. You make it all beautiful. I feel like a more beautiful and true person for having you in my life. Many others have said and would say the same.

I don't know how to thank you for the way you've let your beauty overflow into my life the years that we've been friends.

But if art is your thing, words are mine. So of course I will try.

Thank you for the way you listen. When I tell you a story, it's like you jump into it Blue's Clues style. (Weirdest reference I've ever made, but we're going with it.) You become immediately and intensely interested in what I'm saying. I know I'm long-winded, but you make me feel like you're hanging on every word. Not only do you lovingly let me ramble and take in all I'm saying, you actively listen by asking the best questions. And whatever I say, you're never critical or judgmental. You let me be me and my stories be mine. You affirm me and my process with excitement and grace. You come into my life and sit with me where I'm at. Thank you for being an active and encouraging participant in what I've got going on.

Thank you for the way you share. You tell awesome stories, by the way. Not difficult to be interested in anything you have to say. I'm always intrigued and interested in whatever you're telling me, but what I appreciate the most is that you tell me. I'm thankful for the pieces of your life you've shared with me. Your vulnerability and transparency makes me feel less alone and lets you connect with others in a real and brave way.

Thank you for your humility. You put others first and watch out for their joy and well-being. You bring a humble and gentle spirit to any interaction. You respect those you disagree with, enough even to engage in thoughtful dialogue with them.

Thank you for your fun and adventurous spirit. I like that you're usually up for most anything. Your creativity and joy makes anything fun. I am instantly in brighter spirits in your presence. (The fact that you sometimes bring wine helps, too!) I am thankful for the times we've laughed together, the times we've danced together and especially the times we've done both at the same time ☺ I cherish the adventures we've had, the traveling we've done together and the memories we've made.

Thank you for your beauty. You shine from the inside. Your creativity leaves a mark on everything you touch. You leave things and people more beautiful for being around. You paint your love on everything you can.

Thank you for being safe. We agree on many things, and I don't know what I would have done in times of frustration had I not been able to run to you, vent and be enthusiastically agreed with. I'm glad for the things we see eye-to-eye on. But even in times you have not agreed with me or been worried for me or questioned my decisions, you have been a safe place to turn. I know I will never be judged or condemned by you, no matter what.

Thank you for celebrating with me and mourning with me. You have jumped up and down with me. You have held the umbrella up in the storms of my life. You have giggled and screamed with excitement for me, and you have cursed the rain for me.

So much I love and appreciate about you. Your wisdom, thoughtfulness, generosity, your outlook on life, your positivity, your intellect and humor. The way you think, the way you plan, the way you live to the fullest, the way you admit mistakes, the way you love others, the way you show up. Your courage, your vulnerability, your disdain for shame and disrespect, your patience, your understanding. Your snaps.

You're leaving, but it's not goodbye. I will fight to keep you in my life for as long as you'll have me. Distance only provides an opportunity for us to love more creatively.

See you later, precious friend. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment