Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday Shout Out: Thanks for moving in

When I found myself in a season without much to look forward to, you gave me something to be excited about.

It's a month since we moved in together, which is crazy because our place feels so much like home it seems like we've been there much longer. How did it become home, like, immediately? It's the perfect place for me to live right now, and I'm glad to share it with you.

I love the space. I love our stuff. I love our kitchen and our patios. I love the location.

But most I love the joy we've each brought to this home, the joy that lives there and the friendship we've built that continues to grow.

We have a happy home away from all the things we were running from. You have a quiet and consistent safe place to be free and alone and yourself. I have a happy space where I'm not alone to learn and grow and keep walking forward. I hope you feel lighter when you wake up there each day and when you come home each night like I do.

I know it's only been a month, but I am glad you're so easy to live with. Thank you for being patient with our different styles and okay with all the random stuff I've thrown in our extra bedroom or just left out. Thanks for doing the dishes, taking out the trash, getting the mail and, above all, being honest and open with me.

Last month we were both home on a Saturday morning, so I put music on and danced around while you did productive things on the floor. I'm so thankful for a friendship where we can each be ourselves and accept the other as is.

Today, we'll host our first party.

I'm excited to continue to use our house as a safe place where we can cultivate love, joy, grace and personal growth. I'm excited to continue inviting others into our home to share the love. I think it's a really healthy place for each of us and something that came together at just the right time.

I'm so glad to live with you. Happy one month of being roommates. Thanks for moving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment